Thursday, August 23, 2012

Double Chocolate Rocky Road Bars

I enjoy getting the mail when it holds more than bills, as I'm sure goes for everyone. Yesterday, the newest issue of "What's Cooking" arrived. Normally only a handful of those recipes appeals to me, but every page of the newest  has something that had me drooling.
In case you don't get it, today I share with you the recipe for double-chocolate rocky road bars. Oh yum!

Makes 36 servings
30 Oreo cookies (or any creme filled cookie would do, I imagine)
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup flaked coconut
1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk

Heat your oven to 350 degrees F
Chop 4 cookies, set aside. Crush remaining cookies; mix with butter.
Press onto the bottom of a 13 X 9" pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Cover with layers of chips, marshmallows, buts, coconut and chopped cookies. Pour milk over all ingredients.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

If your family cannot  have nuts, simply replace the nuts with an additional cup of mini marshmallows.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my; that sounds so sweet (and delicious) my bsl's are fluttering already!

    ReplyDelete